Franklin, TN: Williamson County Fair
Last night — a TUESDAY night, mind you (I was pretty stoked that after going to bed late and waking up early the past couple nights, that we were rallying for what would feel like a weekend activity during a work week!) — I detached myself from the tempting idea of spending the rest of the night watching "The Profit", and joined Matt at the Williamson County Fair.
(Matt was really adamant that this was a fair, not a carnival like a kept calling it. BUT, I mean, it had all the trappings of a carnival: bright lights, rides, food, a petting zoo... it even had a clown somewhere.)
So after stopping briefly to see the brilliant sunset on our way there, we made it to the most epic fair I've been to in a long while.
Highlights of the night:
- Driving over the hill and seeing all the rides and lights and feeling like I was four years old about to have the greatest adventure ever.
- Putting on bug repellent everywhere except my feet and then getting bit on my foot.
- Hearing the stage talent and realizing it's a kid with the most incredible voice. #thisfairisnotfortheamateurs #haveIaccomplishedanything
- The Creative & Culinary Arts Exhibit where I wanted to eat all the dessert.
- The piglets that were just four days old! (And also look like they're dead in the photo above but they actually are alive in the world!)
- The baby alpaca that got loose for a minute and we had a "GRAB THE ALPACA!" moment as it went right next to Matt, just about as confused as everyone else.
- The fluffiest chicken I have ever seen (pictured above). IT'S SO FLUFFY #imgonnadie
- The unlimited ride pass for $20 that we put to good use.
- The Ferris wheel. It went around at a perfect pace, was a good time frame, and we got to stop at the top when people were unloading. Plus the guy that locked us in our purple carriage told us to stay away from purple drugs. Always a good reminder.
- The flying ride where it really felt like we were seriously flying.
- The ride that goes up and down and around a huge disco ball and sucks for the person on the outside whose thigh is getting crushed (ie. Matt) because you're shoved into them and there's not a lot you or the other person can do about it. Good thing we've been dating long enough that it's not awkward.
- FRIED OREOS. Oh and fresh lemonade. And sno-cones with condensed milk on top. Because all of those things are the best way to go.
The fair goes through August 13th (this Saturday), so ride while you can!
And below is my little snap story with most of those grand highlights included.